Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Meesa and Andy : Engagement

There just seems to be so many changes happening right now in our lives, Meesa said out loud standing on a busy Pasadena sidewalk. As people pushed by with brightly-colored shopping bags in tote, Meesa spoke briskly about moving to the east coast so her fiancé, Andy, can pursue his musical degree. After their wedding, they’ll remain in southern California for a few months, then make their way to Boston. Andy was accepted to one of the most prestigious musical schools in the country, and it’s no wonder because he’s very much the artist.

A few days prior to their engagement shoot, Andy took his new digital SLR and roamed the streets of Downtown Pasadena taking photographs and looking for cool locations. By the time he and Meesa were frolicking under the warm SoCal sun, he already scoped out spots for them to be photographed. As Meesa and Andy maneuvered their way through alleys, busy streets, and rolling green hills, the remained hand-in-hand. Through the different scenery and vibes, they were by each other’s sides smiling the entire time. I have a sneaking suspicion their behavior will transcend the noisy streets of Pasadena and drip over to the streets of Boston. No matter the changes life brings their way, they’ll be by each other’s sides, hand-in-hand.

Here are a few of my favorites…



I grabbed this shot as we were walking to another location...I thought it was funny because Andy loves Macs just as much as I do, so he decided to list Apple products on their wedding registry! I love it!! ;)






To see more of their engagement, CLICK HERE for a slideshow!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Steven Kang said...

You make it so easy Jas., nice e-shoot. Can't wait to see your new and improved blog.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Jen Harris said...

again, such great pictures!!! beautiful colors! :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Shannon McFarland said...

HI Jasmine,

I don't want you to take what I am about to say the wrong way!!! (Especially since I think this is the first time I have ever posted anything to your blog!!!) It is meant as a SINCERE, from the heart compliment....LOL..here you go...I am not sure which is better, the way that you tell your couples story, or the way that you capture them....I think, if not in this life, in a past or future life, you HAD to have been, will be, at the very least, SHOULD also be, or ARE currently a WRITER!!!!! No one can tell a story or bring a blog reader right there with you quite like you can!! Keep up the good work, I love reading the stories before each of your images appear.

5:36 PM  
Blogger anna joy said...

love these, i like your composition! (and everything else too... hah!)

5:51 PM  
Blogger anna joy said...

i especially love number 5 and the last one!!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Stacy Cross said...

Beautiful stuff, Jasmine! I love the spots you guys found and how happy they look together! Gorgeous. :)

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice work Jasmine! I love the Apple shot. You can't have a bad shot with an apple in it. : )

Jim Christianson

10:49 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hey Jasmine,
Gorgeous work. I agree with the previous blogger you are definatley a writer. I am a friend of Crystal Goss's and happened upon your blog. What inspiration. You definatley capture the spirit and emotion of the couples you photograph.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Trista said...

Hey Jas! The last two are my favorite! Love the location!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Nat said...

I love the last photo, it's great!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching people do what they love most. So much is said about a person when they're doing what they should be doing how they would like to do it.

You're extremely talented and the pictures came out great!

- Andy

4:05 PM  
Blogger Jasmine said...

Thanks, Andy! I can't wait for your wedding and I'm honored to be a part of your wedding! :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger DrewB said...

Gotta agree with Trista. The last two are my fav! Your post processing is looking way awesome!

10:43 AM  
Blogger sandie jo salisbury said...

beautiful! AMAZINGLY beautiful!!!!!!! love the window and the last 2!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home